About

The Rafter B Ranch House was built about 1941 by Earl Tanner Fairman for use as a hunting lodge.  The
Lodge was constructed using materials from an old mill built in 1877 at Willliams Ranch.

The old mill was described as being built of native stone with large hand-hewn beams.  Williams Ranch had the first hotel in Mills County and was one the major stops on the stagecoach line between Austin and Ft.Concho.

The lodge has been restored by Joe and Keith Brooks families. The ranch is located atop a scenic hill on prime Mills County ranch land and also  has many unusual features including an antique locomotive bell, a saloon bar from Mexico and a bank vault door from Star, Tx.